Chisinau, February 8, 2022 – The free Emotional Support Helpline pentruviata.md is operating in English now. The service is also provided in Romanian and Russian. The Suicide Prevention Helpline www.pentruviata.md is the first and only service for people in crisis and for those facing realities around suicide in the Republic of Moldova. English-speaking people who need emotional support can access the service by writing to email [email protected] or in the chat on the page www.pentruviata.md
The Emotional Support Service in English is provided for the following groups:
– expatriates in the Republic of Moldova,
– Moldovan diaspora and their families who prefer communication in English,
– refugees located on the territory of the Republic of Moldova.
– other English speakers who have connections with the Republic of Moldova.
Emotional Support Service Schedule:
- Any time of the day or night – via the email address [email protected]
- On working days between 20:00 and 22:00 – via the chat on the page www.pentruviata.md
The Suicide Prevention Helpline is a free volunteer-based service, provided by Moldovan citizens, located in the country and in the diaspora. More than 7,000 people have benefited from this service since its launch 10 years ago, in 2012. The service is part of the Befrienders International network, which brings together Helplines, which operates on a voluntary basis in over 40 countries around the world.